2D/3D Artist at Komixstream
This position is based in Kelowna
Start date January 2019
Komixstream is looking for a 2D/3D Artist to join our team to help us create amazing comics. This position is ideal for a dedicated, self-driven, and energetic person who is passionate about comics and thrives working in a creative and fun environment.
The team is seeking someone who is a team player that can learn quickly and has a passion for new challenges. A love for comics and experience in start-up media companies is a bonus.
- Produce high-quality 3D art
- Able to draw digitally, Proficiency in Photoshop
- Work with other team members to evolve/improve the processes of creating and integrating art
- Provide appropriate feedback to improve the creative process and seek feedback from peers
- Knowledge of traditional drawing and illustration techniques (relief, lighting, materials, perspective, colour)
- An understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Great eye for light, shade, colour, and detail
- Ability to change and adapt to different art styles
- Good knowledge of polygonal geometry modeling
- Experience with Blender, Maya, 3DMax or equivalent 3D software
- Experience with GIMP or Photoshop
- Good knowledge of production workflows and tools
- Basic Rigging knowledge
- Must be a fast learner, a team-player and detailed oriented
- Must have legal working status in Canada.
- Scripting/Coding ability in Python
- Solid skills using Blender
- Be ready to learn and be open to new experiences
About the company
KOMIXSTREAM has created an exciting and novel media format, the center-piece of which is their “Breathing Image™” technology. They will distribute and scale this new media format by developing a scalable platform capable of delivering to a global audience.
Komixstream’s team leadership includes John Delaney, an Emmy award-winning storyboard artist, Director and comic book artist and illustrator, who has been working closely with sister company TVEON for several years. John has drawn for DC Comics, The Simpsons and many other titles. Komixstream’s technical lead is Adam Clarke, a senior engineer with over 20 years of experience, formerly with Technicolor. Adam has been a pioneer of software-based media for highly scalable systems and brings radically new ideas to this paradigm.
The Breathing Image™ is a new and exciting way to experience interactive digital literature. Komixstream is a division of Tveon, Inc.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and portfolio to Ingrid@RoninHR.com