Brand Promoter at Komixstream
This position is located on-site in Kelowna, and does include travel to events in North America 2-4 days per month.
Komixstream, a new digital comic book publisher, is looking for someone to plan, organize, and manage the logistics of their ComicCon presence. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who lives and breathes comics to be at the epicenter of the evolution of the genre. The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience with the management of detailed schedules and herding of cats.
As Komixstream's Brand Promoter, you will handle:
- Take ownership of all logistics including transportation needs, venue space availability, floor planning, move in & move out, audio visual requirements, and catering
- Coordinate on-site staff and volunteers, managing availability, allocation and hours delivered
- Maintain a key presence on-site for troubleshooting, problem-solving, facility liaison, etc
- Set up and manage website & social media profiles (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Assist in the preparation of attendee timelines to avoid interference or conflict with commitments
- Assist with budgeting and financial management of tradeshows and conferences
- Ensure billing accuracy and conduct bill reviews prior to processing the final bill
- Follows up with team, post-event, to capture lessons learned and to make recommendations for improvement
- Contribute to talent acquisition strategies
- Coordinate the development of new talent relationships
- Coordinate communications between talent and talent manager
- Contribute to conference marketing strategies/campaigns
- Proactively communicate progress, risks, and issues.
- Act as a brand ambassador, building, and communicating Komixstream's value proposition
- 1-2 years of tradeshow or conference planning experience
- Experience with event planning or project management
- Solutions oriented with excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Passion for Comic Books an asset
- Must be willing to travel 2-4 days per month, across North America
About the company
KOMIXSTREAM has created an exciting and novel media format, the center-piece of which is their “Breathing Image™” technology. They will distribute and scale this new media format by developing a scalable platform capable of delivering to a global audience.
Komixstream’s team leadership includes John Delaney, an Emmy award-winning storyboard artist, Director and comic book artist and illustrator, who has been working closely with sister company TVEON for several years. John has drawn for DC Comics, The Simpsons and many other titles.
The Breathing Image™ is a new and exciting way to experience interactive digital literature. Komixstream is a division of Tveon, Inc.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to careers@RoninHR.com