DevOps Developer at Komixstream
This position is based in Kelowna
Start date January 2019
As a DevOps Developer at Komixstream, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of production systems and development/test environments, while also playing a critical role in proposing solutions, automating processes, and documenting systems components. We are looking for a seasoned DevOps Developer, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Plan and execute deployment on production servers.
- Monitor the performance and improve production systems
- Database administration and report generation for production systems
- Continuous improvement of deployment procedures
- Maintain and improve build and continuous integration system
- Ensure proper management of development, test and staging environments
- Development tool management and environment setup
- General system administration tasks on Linux platforms
- Ability to work in a collaborative agile environment
- Linux Server system administration
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl or Bash
- Solid understanding of networking/firewall concepts and technology
- Deployment tools such as Puppet, Ansible, or Fabric
- Continuous integration systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo or Hudson
- Build systems such as Maven, Gradle, Make
- Virtualization technology such as VMware or Vagrant
- Experience working in an AWS platform
- Linux OS optimization
Knowledge of the following would be considered an asset:
- Jira/Confluence administration
- Big Data related technology, such as Cassandra, Kafka, Hadoop or Zookeeper
- Containerization technology, such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Deb, RPM or WSI packaging
- TSL certificates
- Load-balancing technology, such as HA-Proxy or Zeus
About the company
KOMIXSTREAM has created an exciting and novel media format, the center-piece of which is their “Breathing Image™” technology. They will distribute and scale this new media format by developing a scalable platform capable of delivering to a global audience.
Komixstream’s team leadership includes John Delaney, an Emmy award-winning storyboard artist, Director and comic book artist and illustrator, who has been working closely with sister company TVEON for several years. John has drawn for DC Comics, The Simpsons and many other titles. Komixstream’s technical lead is Adam Clarke, a senior engineer with over 20 years of experience, formerly with Technicolor. Adam has been a pioneer of software-based media for highly scalable systems and brings radically new ideas to this paradigm.
The Breathing Image™ is a new and exciting way to experience interactive digital literature. Komixstream is a division of Tveon, Inc.
To apply for this position, please send your CV outlining your DevOps experience to careers@RoninHR.com