This position is located on-site in Kelowna
TVEON develops systems that manage video on local and cloud platforms. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for maintaining our CI/CD pipeline, managing the local and cloud platforms and facilitating the building and deployment of software to those platforms.
The responsibilities of the new DevOps Engineer include:
Maintain, Build and Deploy Systems
- Contribute to the development of continuous integration and automated deployment pipelines
- Automate software building, installation, updating, monitoring, analysis, and rollback
- Ensure systems and network security
- Work with the product and QA teams, to ensure that the project meets their needs
- Coordinate with team leads to schedule tasks for the product team, as required
Proactively Ensure Continuous Operations
- Hands-on management and maintenance of local and cloud platforms
- Develop tools and frameworks to improve operational efficiency
- Participate in critical incident response calls as needed including outside of business hours as needed
- Create and maintain documentation, including illustration of local and cloud platforms and build and deploy workflows
Collaborate with Team
- Work closely with development teams to coordinate releases and resolve specific build failures
- Work with team to breakdown problems into clear, achievable goals
- Proactively resolve blockers to completing tasks
- Contribute to the improvement of team processes
Partner with Business
- Contribute deployment strategies during project planning
- Work with the Project Lead to develop achievable project plans
- Communicate well-rounded expectations and estimates Proactively communicate progress, risks, and issues.
- 3+ years' experience working in a DevOps role
- Experience with a variety of automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD infrastructure tools such as Jenkins, git, Subversion, Mercurial, etc.
- Strong understanding of cloud technologies, with Amazon AWS experience preferred – has deployed more than one solution on the cloud Knowledge of Linux administration and command line workflows (Python, Bash, Powershell, etc.)
- Understanding of underlying network protocols and devices
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with development teams
- Prior Agile/Scrum experience an asset
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field preferred
About the Company:
Located in Kelowna, British Columbia, TVEON brings intelligence to video applications. They work with organizations who capture, create, catalog, or collect video. Using machine learning and data mining Tveon provides optimal video quality, performance and compression, tailored to each application. By drawing on years of cloud computing experience, the team builds custom applications to solve video related challenges for businesses in the entertainment, defense, security, and education sectors.
To apply for this position, please send CV to: Careers@RoninHR.com