Director of Research and Data Science at TwoHat Security
This person can be based remotely within Canada, or at the office in Kelowna, BC.
About the opportunity:
- We are searching for an artificial intelligence dynamo to join the TwoHat Security team as the Director of Research and Data Science. This role’s primary accountability is to oversee all research projects and experiments to ensure the project objectives are achieved with strong alignment to the CEO’s long term vision.
- Be part of the team that is changing the world. Two Hat Security ACTUALLY stops over 1 million abuse cases a day
- Work with brilliant, passionate and talented humans who like to work hard and have fun doing it
- Solve complex problems with an industry leading team that will change how the world experiences the social web
- Collaborate with CEO and VPs of Engineering, Product and Finance to translate long term vision into research projects and experiments with opportunities for commercialization and field testing
- Lead a team of data scientists, research managers and interns
- Oversee the selection of interns for research projects and experiments
- Resource plan for research projects and coordinate requirements with various university and strategic partnership contacts (ex. MITACs)
- Maintain a pipeline of technical talent needed to fulfill Two Hat’s short terms and long-term research strategy resourcing needs
- Develop program to ensure onboarding excellence as well as identify and transition exceptional interns into candidates for full time employment
- Create and manage execution strategies with research managers for multiple priorities across a mix of research projects and experiments
- Regular progress reporting to the executive team on key deliverables and budget
- Sucessfully manage teams with dramatically varying backgrounds, from the highly technical to the highly creative
- Maintain oversight of research budget and grant opportunities
- Ensure grant reporting is complete and submitted on time
- Identify and pursue other funding opportunities such as IRAP, NSERC, etc
- A Phd or Masters degree in computer science, statistics or related field
- 8-10 years real-world experience solving business problems with text classification, image classification or statistical modeling using machine learning, data mining and exploratory data analysis (relevant academic experience certainly contributes)
- 5+ years of complex program management in the technology field
- Experience with multi-billion record datasets and leading projects that span the disciplines of data science and data engineering
- Experience working with related technologies (Python, TensorFlow, Torch, Spark)
- Experience in delivering actionable insight from complex datasets with only broad requirements
- Ability to build and manage a team of top talent - the brightest minds in analytics, natural language processing, artificial intelligence, machine learning and data engineering with the ability to not only keep up with, but also pioneer, in this space
- Develop new techniques and data that will enable answering previously unanswerable and new questions
- Build upon current tools and methods to enhance rigor and expand to new use cases including but not limited to solving constrained optimization problems, strong desire to use the latest machine learning algorithms
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new methods and tools
- Ability to lead a remote team
About TwoHat Security:
TwoHat Security believes in a world free of online bullying, harassment, and child exploitation. They work every day to make that vision a reality.
TwoHat's product is called Community Sift - the industry leader in high-risk content detection and moderation, protecting some of the biggest online games, virtual worlds, and social products on the internet. With their latest project CEASE, they are collaborating with the RCMP with a groundbreaking new AI model to detect child sexual abuse material (CSAM).
TwoHat hosts a cloud based API and interpret over 4 billion messages a day using context and reputation of the user. All of this is done, of course, from our beautiful new office in the vibrant downtown core of Kelowna, with our amazing team of smart, fun and dedicated employees.
Please send resumé to Ingrid@RoninHR.com