Intermediate Artist at Komixstream
This is a full-time position based on-site in Kelowna, BC.
Komixstream, a new digital comic book publisher, is looking for a talented artist who can colour, ink, clean up, and create digital art. The successful candidate will work directly on comic books and be at the epicentre of the evolution of the genre.
What you'll be doing at Komixstream:
Produce High-Quality Art
- Follow editorial direction to produce and manipulate 2D art
- Adhere to all company processes, tools, and standards
- Provide clear rationale for creative choices
- Resolve technical challenges arising from using 2D software
- Stay current on industry trends
As Required, Support Other Creative Work
- Assist with branding initiatives and marketing activities
- Provide input into product creative direction
- Contribute to design related projects
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to generate creative ideas
Collaborate with Team
- Provide constructive creative feedback to team members
- Proactively seek creative input and feedback from others
- Work with other team members to evolve/improve the processes of creating and integrating art
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in concepting and ideation
Partner with Business
- Contribute to the identification of creative requirements.
- Work with the team lead to establish estimates for creative tasks.
- Communicate progress towards completion of tasks in a timely manner.
- Portfolio demonstrating a minimum of 4+ years working experience as an artist or illustrator
- Knowledge of traditional drawing and illustration techniques (relief, lighting, materials, perspective, colour) An understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Great eye for light, shade, colour, and detail
- Ability to change and adapt to different art styles
- Highly experienced with Photoshop
- Good knowledge of production workflows and tools
- A passion for comic books an asset!
About the company
KOMIXSTREAM has created an exciting and novel media format, the center-piece of which is their “Breathing Image™” technology. They will distribute and scale this new media format by developing a scalable platform capable of delivering to a global audience.
Komixstream’s team leadership includes John Delaney, an Emmy award-winning storyboard artist, Director and comic book artist and illustrator, who has been working closely with sister company TVEON for several years. John has drawn for DC Comics, The Simpsons and many other titles.
The Breathing Image™ is a new and exciting way to experience interactive digital literature. Komixstream is a division of Tveon, Inc.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and portfolio to careers@RoninHR.com