Junior Support Technician at Canhost
This is a part-time position suitable for a recent Computer Science (or similar) grad or student. Learn the ropes while finishing school, and it may turn into full-time.
Canhost is seeking a Junior Support Technician. Based in Kelowna’s downtown area, the Canhost data center provides a variety of IT services, such as webhosting, email hosting and managed services. The team supports customers via live chat, telephone and ticket messaging. This is a great opportunity for a junior candidate with knowledge of networking and server administration who is ambitious and learns new things quickly. The senior team is looking forward to welcoming a new team member and sharing their knowledge. This is a part-time position, which could work around a student’s schedule, and eventually grow into a full-time position.
The successful candidate must be legally able to work in Canada.
- Respond to customer requests for assistance, via online chat, telephone or ticket messaging
- Perform password resets
- Remote support of Windows and Mac environments
- Basic data centre maintenance
- Accounts Receivable – Customer Invoicing
- English (Speaking, reading and writing)
- General knowledge of Windows/OSX, email, computer hardware, networking and computer security
- Strong communication skills, customer service oriented, and a positive attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and pass a criminal record check
- Sound judgment to escalate issues to senior members within the IT department
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- Experience with incident tracking, ticketing systems
Bonus Knowledge (not required):
- Asset and inventory management systems
- Server Management Skills
- Understanding of Linux command line
- Experience using Windows Server
- Understanding of SQL Databases
Canhost, located in Kelowna, British Columbia, is designed and constructed from the ground up as a secure high availability electronic data storage and hosting facility.
Canhost monitors its server hardware, OS, bandwidth, and power to ensure all are operating as intended.
Canhost’s support team is dedicated to providing customized secure solutions that meet its clients needs through providing its own IP space, BGB, Routers, DNS, Firewalls, and servers.
To apply for this position, please send CV to Careers@RoninHR.com