Linux Operations Engineer
This is a full-time, permanent position based on-site in Kelowna, BC.
As a Linux Operations Engineer at nine you are responsible for the smooth operation of more than 1000 servers as well as the technical support of their customers.
The Managed Services Team focuses on supporting customers with all their technical issues and questions. The team handles all incoming requests as well as new orders and ensures the smooth operation of the server infrastructure.
You will be a member of this team and support it during the Swiss night time, which is daytime here in BC.
Your main tasks:
- React to all monitoring alerts to ensure the 24/7 operation of over 18,000 services
- Conduct maintenance tasks on the server infrastructure
- Answer emergency calls from customers
- Set up new servers
- Technical customer support by e-mail
- Professional experience as a System Engineer working with Linux (Ubuntu & Redhat)
- Experienced with internet services such as DNS, SMTP, HTTP, Apache, Nginx, MySQL, PostgreSQL, LAMP and Puppet.
- You are interested in working with technologies such as Google Cloud Platform, Docker, Openshift and Kubernetes
- You go the extra mile to ensure a great customer experience
- You are curious and are continuously expanding your knowledge
"We are navigators. We don't let anything get us off course and know our way around complex systems. We are the guarantor for a safe, relaxed journey to and in the cloud." Check out nine here
To apply for this position, please send CV to: Careers@RoninHR.com