Marketing Manager with a love for comics
Komixstream is building a complex, media-heavy application to bring an immersive comic book experience to mobile devices. They need someone who lives and breaths comic book lore to share their story and build their community. You will manage their social media, plan their trade show presence, and strategize their marketing.
This is a full-time position based on-site in Kelowna, BC.
As Marketing Manager at Komixstream, you will:
Manage the Komixstream Brand
- Develop and evolve the brand to meet and exceed audience expectations
- Support the CEO in the areas of public relations, press releases
- Create copy for marketing materials, reports, advertisements, and other related material
- Develop marketing collateral that reflects the Komixstream brand and value proposition
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
Set the Marketing Strategy
- Identify market segments and opportunities
- Set and optimize targeted marketing strategies across all channels
- Develop innovative ideas to connect audiences with business goals
- Stay on top of industry and competitor announcements and trends
Execute the Marketing Strategy
- Plan and oversee company website development and updates
- Oversee conference activities including budget, presence, message strategies and lead generation activities
- Manage, allocate, forecast, and optimize marketing budgets
- Support the CEO in respect to contract negotiations and relationships for marketing related vendors, partners and agencies
Partner with the business
- Analyze and present marketing plans and results to the executive and senior leadership team
- Communicate marketing plans and results internally to ensure cross-functional teamwork and coordination
- Work with all departments as advisor for marketing within the business
- Represent the business at conferences and networking events
Qualifications & Required Experience
- Passionate comic book enthusiasts are preferred
- 3+ years of marketing experience in technology industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience establishing a presence at trade shows and conferences
- Prior experience managing social media presence
- Prior experience with an early-stage startup an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple projects with tight deadlines, especially during key seasonal periods Ability for minimal travel (e.g. conferences and meetings)
- Self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, creative, and analytical
- Must be legally able to work in Canada
About the company
KOMIXSTREAM has created an exciting and novel media format, the center-piece of which is their “Breathing Image™” technology. They will distribute and scale this new media format by developing a scalable platform capable of delivering to a global audience.
Komixstream’s team leadership includes John Delaney, an Emmy award-winning storyboard artist, Director and comic book artist and illustrator, who has been working closely with sister company TVEON for several years. John has drawn for DC Comics, The Simpsons and many other titles.
The Breathing Image™ is a new and exciting way to experience interactive digital literature. Komixstream is a division of Tveon, Inc.
TO APPLY: Please send CV to Careers@RoninHR.com
** Please note, only candidates with a love for comics will be considered for this role**