Quality Assurance Specialist at TVEON
This position is located on-site in Kelowna
TVEON is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the quality of TVEON product development.
Located in Kelowna, British Columbia, TVEON brings intelligence to video applications. They work with organizations who capture, create, catalog, or collect video. Using machine learning and data mining they extract insights from video to improve quality, performance, and compression. By drawing on years of cloud computing experience, we build custom applications to solve video related challenges for businesses in the entertainment, defense, security, and education sectors.
As the Quality Assurance Specialist for TVEON, you will:
Champion Quality Assurance best practices
- Stay abreast of new technologies and emerging trends in Quality Assurance.
- Participate in the onboarding and training of new Quality Assurance Specialists.
- Collect, compile and analyze statistical quality data to identify areas for improvement.
- Continually improve Quality Assurance processes, tools, and standards.
Perform Quality Assurance
- Estimate and plan testing activities.
- Develop, maintain, and execute manual and automated tests for software projects. Perform functional, UI, sanity, smoke, and regression testing.
- Adhere to all Quality Assurance processes, tools, and standards.
Collaborate with Team
- Identify risks to the project, team and/or process and offer solutions to mitigate those risks.
- Provide quality related feedback and support to team members.
Partner with Business
- Contribute to the identification of Quality Assurance activities on new opportunities. Report on the quality of a release or product
- Foster a culture of quality.
- Communicate progress towards completion of tasks in a timely manner.
- 3 years of hands-on experience in quality assurance work
- Experience with any of or similar to the following: Maven, Git, SQL, Python, Appium, Selenium WebDriver, Rest Assured, Java, JUnit. Ability to communicate, collaborate and work in a team
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Experience with cloud services, distributed systems and microservice architectures an asset
- Prior agile/Scrum experience an asset
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or college diploma with equivalent experience.
To apply for this position, please email your resumé to Careers@RoninHR.com