Sales Director at Impact Radio Accessories
On-site in Kelowna, BC
Impact is looking for an experienced and high-energy Sales Director. The primary function of this role is executing the strategic sales plan.
This position reports directly to the President. The person in this role must work collaboratively with Impact Executive Management and effectively manage the sales team and customer base. The successful candidate will show documented comparable experience as well as a track record of success in similar positions.
Impact Radio Accessories is an industry leading manufacturer and worldwide distributor of high-quality audio accessories and chargers for portable 2-way radios (walkie-talkies) headquartered in Kelowna, BC Canada.
Launched in 2006, Impact has grown to over $13M/year in annual revenues with 800+ B2B dealer customers and 500+ B2C end user clients worldwide, with huge potential for future growth.
Through their dealer network, Impact products are used by numerous vertical markets; from hotels to golf courses, industrial and manufacturing facilities, public safety and military agencies and everything in between.
The NYPD, U.S. Secret Service, US Border Patrol, NASA, The Superbowl, MTV awards show, The Grammys, Wal-Mart, The GAP, Lowe’s, Omni Hotel Group are just a few (of many) Impact product users.
In 2016, 52% of Impact was acquired by publicly traded Private Equity firm Founders Advantage Capital with a company valuation of $23M.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Own, meet/exceed annual sales targets set out in the company forecast by building strong internal and external relationships
- Improve sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors
- Develop a wide and deep understanding of Impact product lines, competitors and user markets
- Analyze and report on customer and market research related to sales
- Work with the existing Sales team, and continie to build it by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees, as well as counseling and disciplining employees, monitoring and appraising job results
- Work with Impact teams on behalf of customers to ensure the highest level of customer service is achieved
- On-going scan of competitors and collaborate/support product innovation and development
- Solicit input/insight from dealer network
- Create, manage and execute the tactics and various plans specified in the company strategic plan
- Develop and manage systems/processes for reporting, analysis and tracking of relevant KPI’s and metrics for measuring sales staff performance/success
- Manage the budget and track ROI results for all sales initiatives
- Manage, maintain and improve Impact CRM (Microsoft Dynamics365) and other sales tools
- 8+ years’ experience in a Sales Director or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 5+ years’ experience leading a medium sized B2B sales team with a track record of success
- Track record of implementing successful strategic sales plans within budget and resulting in revenue and market share growth
- Ability to prepare reports and use of appropriate mode of communication. Must be proficient at analyzing data, building reporting and making strategic recommendations based on data and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to present strategy and results to staff members at every level of the organization
- Advanced level understanding of modern sales processes and methodologies with ability to train, coach and develop an existing sales team
- Demonstrated skill in negotiating and closing on critical business
- Experience with modern business systems and software including CRM, ERP, e-commerce, Excel, PowerPoint, lead forensics, etc.
- Valid passport and driver’s license for minimal travel within Canada and USA
- Detailed understanding of sales strategy, execution, budgeting and forecasting
- Problem-solver with demonstrated critical thinking ability to creatively meet goals
- Managerial experience with ability to empower others to execute with excellence
- Desire to own projects and exceed expectations, with ability to find solutions and deliver results within a growing company
- Motivated self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, detail-oriented mindset, with proven ability to multi-task effectively
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Careers@RoninHR.com