Senior Software Engineer at Tveon
This position is located on-site in Kelowna
TVEON is looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to design, develop and install software solutions to support video processing, compression and distribution as it relates across both frame-based and potentially 360-degree presentations. Video applications may include mixed reality, linear video and other combinations for a spectrum of uses. Applications will be developed in Linux environments, deployed both to local server room hardware and to public/private cloud environments, and AWS in particular. The primary tasks entail developing modular and distributed components that in their joint operation address a variety of different video processing applications. The flexibility and the adaptability of the system are thus key features.
Senior Software Engineer responsibilities include defining project scope with marketing, gathering user requirements, defining system functionality, working with junior team members to direct their efforts, and implementing the system design in a variety of language paradigms and specialties, including BASH scripting, Python and C/C++/Java. Our ideal candidates drives the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system scope and analysis to tests and deployment. Flexibility in learning new toolsets to solve problems and implement solutions as they arise is highly valued.
Ultimately, the role of the Senior Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop flow charts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Lead project team as needed and mentor junior software engineers
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Ensure software is updated with latest features
- Proven work experience of eight or more years as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience designing interactive applications
- Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby, C++, C#, Python or other programming languages
- Proficiency with software development, testing, and deployment on Linux, and Ubuntu in particular
- Familiarity with the open-source ecosystem, and experience in selecting, integrating and modifying open-source components to achieve design goals
- Working knowledge of cloud services and technology, such as AWS, Azure, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework is an asset (Django, Ruby on Rails, Drupal, GWT, Spring MVC, etc.)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- BSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field preferred.
To apply for this position, please email your resumé to Ingrid@RoninHR.com