Technical Product Owner at TwoHat Security
This person can be based remotely within Canada, or at the office in Kelowna, BC.
The Technical Product Owner is responsible for translating the CEO’s vision for a businessoutcome considering the point of view of client, end user and stakeholder while understanding the potential impact to technical domains, products, and processes they affect. This role is critical for prioritizing highly complex and technical development tasks and ensures that the team is on track to meet all commitments.
Develop functional business requirements with stakeholders (primarily through the Product Manager’s deep investigation and research into opportunities)
- Translate functional requirements into user stories
- Work with engineering to scope functional business requirements and provide time estimates back to key stakeholders before prioritizing product opportunities
- Seek clarity from stakeholders and coordinate sessions with subject matter experts
- Sign off on the acceptance criteria
- Meet with other departments regularly to prioritize non-product development
- Report back on product project progress to relevant stakeholders
- Ensuring all engineers respect Kanban rules including providing time estimates, time tracking, regular status updates, proper commenting of tickets, proper ticket write-up’s and proper tagging and labeling of tickets
- Participating in the backlog and grooming meetings as well as scoping meetings
- A degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- 5+ years in a software engineering or equivalent technical aptitude required to understand the implications of technical product decisions
- 3+ years working on an Agile team in a Product Owner role
- Formal training as a product owner (“Professional Scrum Product Owner” or “Certified Product Owner”
- Experience working with Kanban or SCRUM process management software (e.g. JIRA)
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new methods and tools
About TwoHat Security:
TwoHat Security believes in a world free of online bullying, harassment, and child exploitation. They work every day to make that vision a reality.
TwoHat's product is called Community Sift - the industry leader in high-risk content detection and moderation, protecting some of the biggest online games, virtual worlds, and social products on the internet. With their latest project CEASE, they are collaborating with the RCMP with a groundbreaking new AI model to detect child sexual abuse material (CSAM).
TwoHat hosts a cloud based API and interpret over 4 billion messages a day using context and reputation of the user. All of this is done, of course, from our beautiful new office in the vibrant downtown core of Kelowna, with our amazing team of smart, fun and dedicated employees.
Please send resumé to Ingrid@RoninHR.com